Saturday, October 16, 2010

(Note: these are entries that I posted to a vestibulitis forum online.)

I am having my surgery in Houston with Dr Anuja Vyas from the Baylor Clinic. I am most afraid of the post-op pain at this point. She didn't tell me how long I'd need to be on bed rest, though she did say that she wouldn't be comfortable with me sitting for a 3 hour drive two weeks post-procedure. She also didn't mention anything about ice packs or sitz baths or stool softeners so I am thankful for this forum! I have written down a bunch of questions that I will ask her on the day of surgery. I think mine is only a partial vestibulectomy because I only have pain between the 3 and 9 o'clock positions. She says that the wound itself should heal within 4-6 weeks and that mostly I will feel a stretching feeling/pain. I hope I am able to drive home (3 hours away) in time for Thanksgiving.

I'm wondering what I will do when I get my period approx. 3 weeks from now- do I have to use pads? I haven't used pads since middle school ;-/ but I'm guessing so. I might ask her if there is a way we can delay my period, like by having me start oral contraceptives or something, though I am thinking probably not since I am already 7 days in. How long after your surgery was your first follow up appointment? I am told she will use stitches that dissolve.

No comments: