Sunday, November 28, 2010

18 Days Post-op vestibulectomy

I am 18 days post-op and I feel mostly normal. I generally only sit with a cushion and I haven't tried driving yet because I haven't had to go anywhere. I had pain that felt like a generalized burning pain a few days ago but it went away. I am a little bit worried about that since it felt like what it felt like pre-surgery. My doctor said it is probably just the nerves readjusting, or something like that.

I was concerned that I might have an infection because I was running a low grade fever (99-100) for a few days and noticed some swelling on my left labia. However, when I went in to the doctor the next day of course the fever was gone and so was the swelling. She said that the healing looked great and that I shouldn't be experiencing much pain anymore. I haven't had a recurrence of the swelling but I have been running a low grade fever for the past couple days (though not today).

Another problem I had was bleeding from the rectum every time I had a bowel movement. My doctor wanted to make sure that there wasn't a stitch in my rectum so she examined me on Tuesday and said that there wasn't. She also did a CBC to make sure all my blood counts were normal, and they were. I've been continuing to take Colace 3 times a day and drink a lot of prune juice, which I actually like! The bleeding has since gone away (knock on wood).

Right now I'm having a pain that feels kind of deep and at times shooting or pulsating around what I think is the 4 o'clock position. I looked down there and I didn't notice any swelling but my labia looks bruised compared to the other side. Hmm... I feel like I email my doctor all the time and I feel bad about that! I see her again on the 6th of December.

I'm also wondering if it looks the same down there as it did pre-surgery... I don't really remember what it used to look like, though!

No comments: