Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I am SO glad to be on this side of the surgery! I feel such relief. I was terrified before but now I realize there is nothing to be terrified of. My pain today has ranged from 0-3/10. I am able to walk around just fine-- going from laying down to sitting up is a bit painful (a 1 or a 2) in the 6 o'clock position but once I actually sit up correctly I am fine. I try not to sit for too long since I am only on day 1. My doctor did not call as promised, which made me feel irritated but I don't have any questions that can't wait until tomorrow. It just makes me disappointed, I guess, when someone important says they are going to call you and then I have this expectation and then they don't.

I didn't have ice on for most of today. I have it on right now but I don't think I really need it. Urinating is not painful at all and having that squirt bottle to cleanse the area really helps. There is not much else for me to report- uneventful day... not as painful as expected and starting to feel that stretching feeling, which is not painful just a bit uncomfortable. I also haven't looked down there with a mirror yet because I don't want to position myself in a way that could cause pain until I talk to my doctor and okay it with her. I'm supposed to apply estrace cream but I want to talk to my doctor about that-- I think I read on here that someone had used it and it seemed to cause her period to begin early. My period is not due for another 3 weeks and I would like to keep it that way!

I will update you all again once my doctor finally calls me back.

No comments: