Monday, May 16, 2011

Postponed- third round of steroid injections

I saw my doctor today (Monday) for the third set of injections but we decided to wait a week because there was still bruising and soreness and she wants me to be able to use the dilators again before she does another set of injections. She also prescribed me some desipramine last week, which is probably the only TCA I haven't taken. She started out at a really low dose- 5mg so I don't feel the side effects. Therapeutic dose is 50-150mg. I don't remember if I mentioned this in my last post. I'm feeling hopeful about the injections. And at least I know that the next time I go in for injections that the office will have 30 gauge needles (they had them today, too).

It wasn't a completely useless visit though- I had my annual pap smear. I'm not worried about it because I've only ever had sex with 2 people and the last time was 2 years ago. I had the Gardasil (HPV) injections a few years ago. Those were the most painful shots I've ever had (I'm not counting the steroid injections). Maybe the only more painful shot I had was Bicillin (thick as paste) in my gluteus maximus a few years ago after a really bad strep throat infection (the only one I've ever had). I've been afraid of needles ever since the Gardasil shots.

No comments: