Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Side effects...

It is still sore and swollen some 2.5 days later but my doctor emailed to say that this is normal.

I asked my doctor again if I had any scar tissue and she said that I had none that she could discern. She said my healing has gone "beautifully." I know if I go to the PT the therapist will say that I have scar tissue, which is another reason why I am skeptical of the whole PT enterprise. Or maybe it's just this PT I saw (who specializes in vulvovaginal PT). I don't know what it is but I feel like they are just trying to justify taking money from me. I know some people are really helped by PT, but if there was no problem with my muscles before the surgery and the PT people still recommended I come in for 12+ treatments, that makes me wary. I guess I will have to get over this and just commit to doing PT for a certain number of weeks-- also another thing is that I travel a lot for work and for leisure so I am not in town every week, or sometimes not even every other week, for PT. It just happens that I'm here until mid-May and then I'm gone again off and on until July.

Of course, I can't start PT until I am finished with these next two weeks of steroid shots... I'm too swollen and sore to have anything inserted into my vagina.

No comments: