Friday, May 13, 2011

Post-steroid side effects, part 2

It did turn out to be a blood clot, albeit a very big one. I feel dumb; I should have known better. I eventually was able to remove part of it with some Q-tips. The area where the clot was covering continues to bleed (though not a lot), and I had the injections 5 days ago. I think I may have caused more bruising my poking around with a Q tip and so this week has been especially painful on that side. I also wonder if the bruising in the first place was due to the size of the needle (26 gauge I think). I hope that the 30 gauge needles have come in by Monday when I go back for my third round of injections. I haven't done dilator therapy this week because of the bruising/pain on that one side so I don't really know how much the second set of injections helped. The first seemed to help a lot though.

No comments: