Thursday, May 26, 2011

Steroid injections, efficacy? and side effects of round 3

Well, I had my steroid injections on Monday and my pain is definitely not as bad as it was after round 2 but it is still present. Last night I used the dilator and had significant pain (I would say 6/10 in terms of pain upon entry and pain with movement/pressure). I feel scared that these aren't going to work and I will soon exhaust all treatment options. Then what?

On a side note, right now I have generalized pain (I think I only get this unprovoked pain the day after I use dilators or one or two days at certain times in my cycle- I usually try and keep track of when the generalized pain occurs on my calendar). Anyway, I would like to take a Vicoprofen but I don't feel that I can or should.

(Also, another helpful pain reliever: ice/cold gel packs help with the generalized pain but I basically have to lie down and do nothing, which makes me feel pretty useless.)

No comments: