Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I wonder if it is normal to have pain (not burning/vestibulitis type pain, but soreness at the injection site) after having steroid injections. I had 3 injections yesterday- 1 by my clitoris between 12 and 1 oclock, one between 5 and 6 o'clock and 1 between 7 and 6 o'clock, approximately. Today (and yesterday) it is sore to touch even with light pressure and the area is visibly swollen. My doctor said that she had never experienced a patient having a pain flare after steroid shots, but this isn't a flare of my normal vestibulitis pain, it's just soreness and swelling around the injection sites.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My name is Maria I am a long time suffer of Vulvodynia too
I also go to Dr. Vyas at the baylor Clinic I wanted to know are you finally Cured?
I have had it for 2 years..It just started one day I had vaginal itch I thought it was a yeast infection I had chronic ithing and irration for 6months then came the vulva burning also get anal burning and itching at times .V has taken over MY LIFE!!!!!
no pain with the qtip... I have unprovoked Vulvodynia..I dont have pain on contact my burn comes and goes when ever it wants.. usally have burning everyday I dont have pain with sex or tampons or with a exam,I have tried all meds CYmbalta ,gabapentin,Lyrica,Vicodin.Tramadol.Ami, I also had nerve blocks with Dr Basava she is a pain dr at the baylor clinic..I would love to hear back from you..

Maria

Anonymous said...

THat email adress is not Valid vestibulectomyjournal [at] gmail [dot] com

Christina said...

it is valid -- I get email from other women all the time. The [at] is an @ sign and the [dot] is a .

Christina said...

Hi, I know you posted a long time ago, but have you seen any improvement in your condition?