Sunday, May 29, 2011

Steroid injections, 3rd round f/u and other things

I've been using the dilator and sometimes I think the pain has decreased and other times I feel I am having pain in new places - like the 12 o'clock position. It is so frustrating.

I talked to my doctor on Friday and she kind of said that she didn't think the steroids were working since the pain hadn't decreased with the dilator use and that with the steroid injections the effect would be pretty immediate, which is the impression I was under also. We decided to up my desipramine dose to 100mg/day and my gabapentin to 600mg tid. I have the best doctor.

We talked about Botox and my doctor impressed me with her knowledge of it after correcting an incomplete idea I had of its mechanism of action. The problem with Botox is that there are not enough vulvodynia pts in her clinic who would need it and so the cost is not justified. I have said that I will pay out of pocket the full price for a vial of Botox. I want this issue gone more than anything.

No comments: